The Society has been bequeathed various photographic items. So that every member has an equal chance to buy these items this auction site has been set up for Society members only.
So that every member has an equal chance of buying this equipment we will have a series of small auctions via our website.
Each auction will offer about six items with a closing date four weeks later.
Society auction Lots 7 to 12
Lots 1, 4 and 6 are relisted as they received no bids in February
Auction ends 31 March 2017
Conditions – NB revised from February rules, please read carefully!
- This auction is open to all paid up members of the Stereoscopic Society.
- Every member can bid on as many lots as they wish.
- A bid can be revised up or down, the last bid received is valued.
- The highest bidder will pay the bid submitted providing it is higher than the reserve price – revised rule
- If there is a tied bid the earliest bidder wins that lot.
- The price shown is a reserve prices. Bids below these prices will be rejected. Revised rule
- There will be four auctions offering 6 or 7 lots each time.
- Any unsold lots from a previous auction will be on offer during the life of this auction series.
- A list of the prices realized will be shown in the next auction.
- The lots can be collected at a meeting, or sent by post. The postal cost is in addition to the bid price. Please state if you can collect with your bid.
- To bid send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, Stereoscopic Society membership number, lot number and your highest bid. To be received any time before the closing date.
- Cheques to be made payable to “The Stereoscopic Society”.
Lot 7 £100 reserve Mike Fisher’s large stereo camera (paired 35mm film cameras) (7 picts)
This is the camera assembled by Mike Fisher and used to make his high quality shows for various meetings.
It comprises of two Pentax MZ-5 35mm film cameras fitted with Sigma compact hyperzoom lenses 28 to 300 mm focal length, F3.5-6.3 mounted on a rigid aluminium chassis.
The cameras are electrically coupled and all the lens variables are also mechanically coupled.
It is 270mm wide x 160mm deep x 140mm high approx.
See Journals 156&164
I have not checked this rig to see if it works.
It comes with a shoulder bag.
Lot 8 £100 reserve Mike Fisher’s small stereo camera (3 picts)
This twinned camera comprises of two high Quality Contessa cameras fitted with f 2.8 45mm Opton Zeiss Tessar lenses joined together to make a neat stereo camera.
I have not checked this camera to see if it works.
Lot 9 £50 reserve Mike fishers Precision Mounting Jig (3picts)
This comprises a mains driven light box with a mounting guide and precision adjustors to accurately align the two stereo chips.
For mounting two 2″x2″ (50x50mm) slide mounts – not Realist / RBT 101mm style mounts – but it could be adapted.
Buyer beware, not power safety tested
See article in Journal 128.
Lot 10 £35 reserve Iloca “Stereograms” camera no 4333 and case (5 picts)
F2.8 casarit lenses in a Prontor SVS shutter speeded 1 to 1/300 sec.
The image size is 21x23mm. Speeds below 1/25 do not work and the flash socket is missing.
The camera and case are in very good condition, but the case at the bottom front has split and is repaired with tape. There is a simple exposure calculator in the inside top of the case.
Lot 11 £20 reserve TDC Stereo colorist stereo camera no 1011143 (3picts)
F3.5 Trinar lenses in a shutter speeded 1/10 to 1/200, image size 21x23mm.
I have been unable to operate or load the shutter. The camera is in cosmetically good condition.
The case Is also in good condition but the top is missing and there are scuff marks on the projecting leatherwork.
Lot 12 £25 reserve Stereax beam splitter and viewer in the original boxes (3 picts)
The viewer is in excellent condition and works
The beam splitter is in good condition but lacks adapter rings to fit onto the camera lens.
Items relisted from February’s auction. Revised, lower reserve prices
Lot 1 £ 30 reserve Stereo Realist camera and case (3picts)
F3.5 David white lenses, shutter speeded 1 to 1/150 second. Image size 21×23 mm. Camera works, speeds unchecked, the flap over the lenses is missing, rangefinder hard to use.
The camera is in fair condition. The case is in good condition but needs stitching
Lot 4 £8 reserve Bi lens 35mm viewer (1 pict)
This viewer is for 35mm mono slides. A complicated mirror system “converts” the mono image to a stereo one. It is in good condition
Lot 6 £15 reserve Holmes type hand held viewer (1 pict)
This is complete and in good condition. The eyeshade is aluminium with a raised pattern on each side.______________________________________________________________________